INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING ZOOM
- If you have not used zoom before. A few minutes before the event, simply select (click on) the Zoom ID link above; and the computer/device will lead you through a brief software set up.
- Follow the prompts to install Zoom on your computer/device. Trust it. Say yes to all permissions so it can talk with your computer/device camera and audio system.
- Keep following the prompts. If there is an option to “remember this option in future” choose Yes.
- Wait for connections to get sussed – this can take a few minutes. And then you will be connected and see friendly faces.
- After the first time you use Zoom, it will be quicker as there will be no software setup.
Some Zoom etiquette to note:
- Please mute yourself when not talking. (click the option on your face on the screen)
- You are welcome to make use of the ‘chat’ feature when you can write a message to the whole group or individuals
- There is a ‘put your hand up’ button if you can’t get a word in 🙂
Various articles to read or watch:
LIVING IN THE STILLNESS: Joel Tempero and Cassie Close have produced this short video, with “Tips on how to live in the stillness” – well worth a watch. Click on the following link.